My Post Production

Image result for post production

First a brief over what is Post-Production: This is where the editing of the raw footage to cut scenes, inserting transition effects, adding in audio. This is the final step of production. This where pre-production and production combine.



My post-Production:

I have come to realise just how lonely a job of a editor is. Because while editing it is like you do not want to be disturbed at any cost but at the same time you want someone there to be with you as you pull your hair over the amounts of footage.


While editing, I had my room door locked and drowned myself into the world of music while editing (which was good because later on it was really easy for me to choose a music for my video).

So for starters, i edited my video using Adobe Premiere Pro.

This is the screen before i started editing.

And this is when I finished editing (before rendering my videos)


This was one of the hardest process of the whole process because there were many times the software would stop respond and if this software had stopped responding, the whole laptop would stop responding. 
It was almost impossible for me to function Google Chrome when Adobe stopped working. 

Problems aside, it was software which was easy to work with (if we ignore the unresponsiveness of the programme). The functions were displayed clearly. 

Here are some of the screenshots which i took while editing my video:
(These screenshots contains effects which I have put in and their links )

First thing first, as it is a drama genre, and to give more suspense, I used basic transitions which were the dip to black and one cross dissolve. ( to learn more about the different types of transitions used while editing you can visit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgYX1c8rczk )




A dip to black transition is used to conclude the entire scene. And in essence that's what this classic move is in film making: the visual conclusion of a chapter. A much more simpler reason, when dip to black is used, the scene changes. It is used for a dramatic effect. And in an opening sequence, it happens to put the correct amount of suspense.

Second: Other thing in my video were over how to apply the text in my video. For that i first learnt how to apply them through this video :


And with the help of that video i was able to add in text in my video:


Next step was adding in a production company's name, worried about copyright issues, i chose to make a production line of my own (If this production line truly does exist (which i am sure, it doesn't), it is a pure coincidence. )So first, i took out a picture of the first thing that came into my mind, which was a bumble bee (and i have no idea why that popped into mind, could be because of my name, but anyway) so first i found an appropriate picture which i could use:

I first chose this one, but due to the fact that i had to learn how to remove a water mark first, i gave up on that idea and looked for another one. Finally after going through ,many pictures of Bumble Bees, i finally finalised on this one:
Then through this video : 



I was able to make a very simple kind of production appearance of my own.  

The third thing was related to the music (this is where i had to stop listening to other music so i could focus on this one).

So for this, a little backstory: I like listening to songs which kind of makes a person feel sad either with the music or the lyrics. 
So originally the song which i have chosen was one of my favourite English song by Billie Eilish. 
( Its called "idontwannabeyouanymore" (yes written like that) (if you haven't heard the song, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tn2S3kJlyU )
So first, I searched up the instrumental for this song and downloaded it: 

Then i inserted this in my software :

Then for it to fit more, i first watched a video (again) over how to add fade in music :


And did accordingly: 
Keep in mind, the music only starts when my character starts getting lonely, because of which, to not make the audience feel suffocated or much more confused, i searched up some happy yet calm piano music and added in the first 10 to 15 seconds in my video .
(If you do want to listen to it here is the link : (It is an hour long): 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn-ERrsr_wk)  This is helpful when you want to sleep, or simply just study (that is if you are kind of a person who has to listen to something like this while studying).

Again with the help of key-frames i was able to match the piano music with the song music 

Some may have the question over why adding the key-frames and fading the music manually when exponential fade is available? 
It was because, when we (or rather I) apply/applied the exponential fade, instead of fading in, it would just stay mute and then instead of slowly fading in, it would starts from the point the effect ends. (This concept is explained in the video as well)

When all of these were finally added, i was still confused because my video was not playing as smoothly as it was doing before all the editing, so again with the help of google I learnt about rendering videos and watched a video upon it: 


And then following the instructions :
 I first selected all of my videos: 



After running a render, this was the result:

Then confirming my edits and making changes according to my mentor, I watched a video on how to export a video for YouTube quality (because it is finally published there) : 



And then it was done. 

There were times when the software would not respond for hours 

which made it more difficult it could be but, we made through it. 

Comments